The “Eat, Drink and Weight less” diet, is not a revolutionary method of loosing weight and it doesn’t base on some new magical product. The diet creator tells us even from the beginning that its method doesn’t involve some miraculous recipe. Instead, the diet provides some tips on how to approach our current lifestyle, being more active and eating more sensibly. The “Eat, Drink and Weight less” diet, aims for long term results. The creator explains that there are many effective diets out there, but in the long run they lead to failure for one reason or another. That’s why, this diet is designed for long periods of time, and it can be considered a whole new lifestyle rather than just a diet. The rules of this diet are neither new nor extravagant. However, the whole thing is designed as a set of rules, which will help you loose weight and improve your health.
The 9 rules of the diet
The “Eat, Drink and Weight less” diet has 9 golden rules, that are not new, but represent a structured and organized way of maintaining your life discipline.
1) Eat mindfully. It doesn’t matter what you eat, as long as you don’t rush it. You need to take your time, eat slowly and savor your food. This advice can also be found in the “Sonoma diet”. According to them, if you eat slowly, not only that you’ll enjoy your food more, but your body will process the food better and you don’t have to eat that much.
2) Eat more natural products. The natural products are the vegetables and fruits. This is like the golden rule of every diet but still, we shouldn’t neglect it.
3) Eat fats selectively. This diet doesn’t forbid the consumption of fats, but strongly encourages you to distinguish the good fats and the bad fats. The most common “good fats” are the unsaturated ones, with lower cholesterol. Also, you should eat less animal fats and try to eliminate the chemical Trans fats from your daily diet. Trans fats are mostly used by fast food restaurants in frying their products.
4) Upgrade the carbohydrates. You don’t need to totally exclude the carbohydrates from your diet. Just switch to some more healthier alternatives. For example, you should replace the white bread with whole-grain bread. Also, you should eat plenty of high-fiber foods.
5) Upgrade the proteins. Proteins are great for your body, and they will improve both your metabolism and your immune system. However, you have to replace the animal proteins with the ones from vegetables and fruits. They are healthier and contain fewer calories.
6) Hydrate yourself. No mater what you do, make sure that you drink plenty of water. If you want to make it more tasty, you can add a slice of lemon or even a teaspoon of honey.
7) Drink alcohol every day (in moderation). Yes, you read that right. This diet encourages us to consume a small quantity of alcohol every day. Depending on your preferences, you can drink a glass of wine, beer or even a shot of tequila, rum, vodka, whiskey etc. Just make sure to consume it, in a moderate quantity.
8) Take a multivitamin supplement. Your improved diet will already provide an increased dose of vitamins and minerals. However, a supplement is always welcomed and will decrease the chances of any deficiency this way.
9) Exercise daily. Physical exercises are an important part of any diet. Just make sure that you train yourself for at least 15 minutes every day. It doesn’t seem much, but it will do the job.
The “Eat, Drink and Weight Less” book, also tells you what to do, when you’re eating out of home, and you don’t have control of the food’s ingredients. For example, if you’re in a restaurant, the book will teach you what to order.
Like any other respectable diet, this one comes with a body score concept as well. This method will help you evaluate your progress and see how you’re performing with your diet. The higher the score, the better.
Many dieters have criticized this diet, not because of its results, but because the foods require a special preparation and some specific ingredients. After all, this is the biggest problem of all diets. Many people are getting discouraged, because they lack the time to prepare the foods, and they cannot find the needed ingredients.
Even if the “Eat, Drink and Weight Less” diet provides some interesting and structured tips, most of the presented recipes are exotic ones. We understand that this is an attempt to make the food more tasty and appetizing, but what happens when you can’t find the needed ingredients? Even if the diet doesn’t encourage it, we advise you to be flexible and switch the ingredients that you cannot find with something more accessible.